How to Unlock a Door with a Bobby Pin
The majority of us have gotten locked out of our homes at some point in our lives. Sadly, no matter how many times we go through this, we never learn and end up locked in the same predicament.
With that in mind, here are the steps to unlock a door with a bobby pin — a skill that you might find useful one way or another.
Picking a lock with Bobby Pins
The most popular technique for unlocking a locked door is with bobby pins. All you will need is a bobby pin!
Bobby pins can get formed into any shape you desire. Opening a locked door with bobby pins is not difficult, so many individuals use this method. You have probably seen individuals in movies utilizing this technique to open a locked door. Now is the time for you to put it into practice in real life. Here is how to do it:
- Step 1: To unlock the door without a locksmith, you will need two bobby pins. Both of these bobby pins need to bend in a specific direction.
- Step 2: The first bobby pin will be inserted in the door lock in place of the key to turn the cylinder.
- Step 3: Bend the bobby pins’ fulcrum ends by a few centimeters and insert one of their ends into the bottom of the keyhole, with the other end resting at the bottom.
- Step 4: After that, grab the second bobby pin and bend it completely away from the fulcrum, so the pin becomes a long straight line.
- Step 5: After that, bend the second bobby pin slightly to the straight end so that you may insert it into the keyhole’s top.
When a door is locked, a couple of spring-loaded pins prevent the cylinder from spinning the bolt and opening the door. The lock’s cylinder turns when bobby pins are inserted into the keyhole and jiggled around a little, causing the bolt to turn and the door to open.
Getting locked out will happen at some point in our lives, therefore knowing how to save yourself in such a predicament is always helpful.
Learning to open a locked door without a key using bobby pins would surely come in handy, but what better way to do it than prevent such a mishap from happening altogether? Make sure you have a spare key in your bag or your car. You can also ask a trusted friend or family member to hold a spare key to your house. If worst comes to worst, you can always call local locksmith service in Philadelphia for help.